Laundry Lite Ltd. (“we”, “our”, “us”) is committed to protecting the privacy of all our users of laundrylite.com or our app (or other international domains), or mobile applications (together, the “Sites”).
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will handle it. For more details about us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the purposes of the applicable Data Protection legislation in England, we are responsible in respect of any personal data that we collect from or hold about you once you visit the Site, use the App, or use the Service.
By contacting our general customer services team at:
By contacting our Data Protection Service:
How We Collect Your Information
We collect your personal information when you access or use our
services, such as when you use our Sites to place an order. We also look at how visitors use our Sites, to help us improve our services and increase customer experience.
We collect information:
When you create an account with us or you change your account settings; when you place an order with us and during the order process (including for payment and order delivery); when you contact us directly via email, phone, post, message or via our chat function; and when you browse and use our Sites (before and after you create an account with us). We also collect information from third party sites, such as advertising platforms and our fraud detection provider.
Information that we collect from You:
As part of our commitment to the privacy of our customers and
service users to our Sites, we want to be clear about the sorts of information
we will collect from you. When you visit the Sites or make a Laundry Lite order through our website or app, you are asked to provide information about yourself including your name, contact details, delivery address, order details and payment information such as credit or debit card information. We also collect information about your usage of the Sites and information about you from any messages you post to the Sites or when you contact us or provide us with feedback, including via e-mail, letter, phone or chat function. If you contact us by phone, we record all calls for training and service quality purposes.
We also collect technical information from your mobile device or computer, such as operating system, the device and connection type and the IP address from which you are accessing our Sites.
We also collect technical information about your use of our services through a mobile device, for example, carrier, location data and performance data such as mobile payment methods, interaction with other retail technology such as use of NFC Tags, QR Codes and/or use of mobile vouchers. Unless you have elected to remain anonymous through your device and/or platform settings, this information may be collected and used by us automatically if you use the service through your mobile device(s) via any Laundry Lite mobile application, through your mobile’s browser or otherwise. We process health information about you only where you volunteer and consent to this, for example if you specify any skin allergies.
Uses of your valuable Information
We will only collect data if there is a reason for it, and if that reason is covered under data protection act. We will have a lawful basis for using your information: if we need to process your data in order to provide you with the service you have requested or to enter into a contract; we have your consent; we have a justifiable reason for processing your data; or we are under a legal obligation to do so.
We use your information where we need to in order to provide our service you have requested to use. The following ways we may use your information-
- to enable us to provide you with access to the relevant parts of the Sites;
- to provide the services, you have requested;
- to allow us to receive payment from you; and
- to contact you where necessary concerning our services, such as to resolve issues you may have with your order.
We also process your data where we have a justifiable reason for doing so— for example personalisation of our service, including processing data to make it easier and faster for you to place orders. We have listed these reasons below:
- to increase the service quality and its effectiveness that our customers can expect from us in the near future;
- the content that our/we advertising partners display to you which is most relevant to you based on requirements set by us;
- to enable our customer support team to help you with any inquiries or complaints in the most efficient way possible;
- to contact you for your views and feedback on our services and to notify you if there are any important changes or developments to the Sites or our services, including letting you know that our services extending in new area what you have requested to do so;
- to analyse and move your activity throughout our Sites to administer, help, suggest, and develop our business activity and for statistical purpose and to prevent fraud; we also use your comments about us or services in our marketing/advertising purposes using your name and location.
- to enforce our contractual terms with you and any other agreement, and for the exercise or defence of legal claims and to protect the rights of Laundry Lite’, facility partners, delivery partners (scouts), or others to prevent frauds; and we may also use your data as profiling activities. While we may or will use your information, but we always focus that your fundamental rights of privacy are not exceed by our legitimate interests. However, we are under a legal obligation to use your information’s to comply with any legal obligation or regulatory requirement to which we are subject.
Laundry Lite for Business Wings
You may also interest to hear about Laundry Lite Business services, and we may use or process your information in it. For that, we may contact you through your email, contact number you have provided us, but you can stop us doing it just by changing your marketing preferences or emailing us as
You may also use Laundry Lite business services to you by informing us to get business allowance. For this we will add you in it and we will process your information for the purposes of it. We will be the controller of this information; and we may/will also share personal data relating to your order with your employer. Laundry Lite and your employer will both be separate controllers of this information.
Direct Marketing and Automated Check
We may use your information, which you have given consent, to inform you about our other products and services that you may like or interest to use by email or phone. However, you can change it by contacting or visiting our website. We also inspect fraud checks on all customers where we may detect fraudulent activity for that we may/will block you from placing an order and using our Sites to protect our potentials customers or our safety.
Retention of your Information
We will use your valuable data as long as we think it is necessary for us to hold and fulfill the purposes explained above section. Also, for our legitimate interest or a period specifically required by applicable regulations or laws, like retaining the information for regulatory reporting purposes.
When determining the relevant retention periods, we will consider the following factors-
- our contractual obligations and rights in relation to the information involved;
- legal obligation(s) under applicable law to retain data for a certain period of time;
- statute of limitations under applicable law(s);
- disputes; and guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities.
However, we safely and permanently delate your information where it is no longer essential for the purposes we collected.
You may have number of rights the we hold about you under data protection act. However, you can contact our data protection service if you want to use any of these rights. You may also contact with data protection authority. The applicable Data Protection legislation including followings-
- the right to access/ restrict the personal data and rectify inaccurate, unlawfully processed or no longer required personal data held about you;
- the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes;
- the right to withdraw your consent at any point to receive marketing material from us, or in any other case where we process your personal data on the basis of a consent that you have given to use.
- the right to ask for the transfer of your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format where the processing is based on your consent;
- the right to ask for the erase of your personal data where processing is no longer necessary or the legitimate interests, we safely and permanently delate your information where it is no longer essential for the purposes we collected.
- We will remove your personal data by your interests, rights and freedoms as the data subject;
- You have right to withdraw your consent (we rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your information) at any time if you change your mind. You can do so by contacting our data protection service to email@example.com. However, please keep in mind that withdrawing consent will not however make unlawful our use of your information while consent had been apparent.
We adopt tough technologies and policies to ensure the personal information we hold about you is suitably protected. We take steps to protect your information from unauthorized access and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. You have chosen a password to access our Sites, but you are solely responsible to protect your password and recommend not to share your password with anybody else.
However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take necessary steps to protect your information, though we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use robust procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
If you’re not happy with our replay to any complaint you made or believe our processing of your information does not comply with data protection law, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) using the following details:
Address: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water
Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
Telephone number: 0303 123 1113
Laundry Lite Ltd., 341 Commercial Road, Stepney Green, London, England, E1 2PS